Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
Women of Note is searching for two Co-Directors to work together as a team to direct and supervise all artistic activities of the choir beginning July 1, 2024.
Women of Note is an auditioned community choir in Winnipeg that provides an opportunity for women to create beautiful music together in a spirit of sisterhood and camaraderie. Since its founding in 1994, more than 400 women have participated in this dynamic performance ensemble, developing musicianship and vocal excellence.
The choir includes three performance groups – the Women of Note Chorale of up to 50 singers who learn and present an eclectic repertoire of medium challenge, the Women of Note Chamber Singers of up to 24 experienced choral musicians who learn and present more challenging performance pieces and the Women of Note Massed Choir that blends both Chorale and Chamber singers to present works written for large choirs.
Women of Note convenes in early September with weekly practices on Tuesday (WoN Chorale) and Thursday evenings (WoN Chamber Singers). The two groups practise monthly as the WoN Massed Choir. Featured concerts are held in Winnipeg in December and May.
Working together as a team, each Co-Director is responsible for supervising and directing the artistic activities of either WoN Chorale or WoN Chamber Singers. The Co-Directors report to the Board of Directors and work in collaboration with the Choir Manager.
For a more detailed job description, please contact Coleen Anderson, Chair of the Search/Succession Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org
· Lead the development of Women of Note’s artistic vision and successfully promote and
execute the artistic goals that are aligned with the choir’s vision, mission and values
· Promote artistic excellence to nurture and challenge musical growth
· Maintain and support the financial success of the choir and its activities as guided by the annual budget
· Recruit, hire, supervise and evaluate accompanists, guest artists, or contracted staff related to concert production
· Network with other arts organizations, music directors, and community groups to increase the visibility of the choir, encourage collaboration and stay current with trends and best practices
· Please email a cover letter with resume and references, in a single document, if possible, to Coleen Anderson, Chair of the Search/Succession Committee at email@example.com
· The application deadline is November 30, 2023
· Interviews will be conducted in January, 2024, followed by conducting auditions at subsequent choir rehearsals
The Women of Note Board of Directors will approve the final candidates in April, 2024..